This seminar saw us look at the different research we should undertake for our individual projects.
As I am focusing on ocean cleanup operations and the current plastic epidemic that is destroying our seas this saw me contact ocean conservation charities and organizations.
The first few I found were Surfers Against Sewage and The Marine Conservation Society UK. I am currently in the process of organising beach cleans to attend and photograph. In the meantime, I will be researching multiple avenues of photography and contacts for interviews including:
- Primary sources and their contact details, backgrounds and develop interview questions.
- Gathering secondary sources.
- Find other examples of similar pieces of photography and news.
- Researching photographers.
- Researching technical camera skills and develop those already talked about.
- Create to-do lists, outline goals.
The majority of this seminar focused on the first bullet point and I will continue with all of them over the coming weeks. Cumulating in an in-depth analysis of different types of photography I will use.
I received the contact details and dates of beach cleanups that I will be able to attend and photograph and will continue to develop a professional relationship over the coming weeks with the people who are likely to be good sources for my stories.